23 September 2022 - 12h30-13h00
Online - Zoom
Registration mandatory - Under this link
The Data Science Competence Center (CCSD) of the University of Geneva is pleased to invite you to its next Data Science Tools.
Data Science Tools is a meeting, where a researcher presents a data science tool (method, software, etc.) he/she uses in her/his research.
For this edition, our speaker will be Coralie Fournier, SmartLab Project Manager.
In autumn 2020, the Faculty of Medicine launched the SmartLab project, which aims to deploy an electronic tool for monitoring research activities in its laboratories. The paper notepads generally used by research teams can thus be replaced by digital tools that facilitate both daily life and compliance with the legal traceability requirements governing research. These "Electronic Laboratory Notebooks" or "Laboratory Information Management Systems" have indeed many advantages:
- internal search engines that enable all kinds of information to be found quickly and efficiently
- information sharing within the laboratory
- sample traceability tools
- ease of implementation of the SNSF's data management plan
- standardisation of procedures within the Faculty of Medicine in order to guarantee consistent quality
Following evaluations by a working group and tests carried out by pilot laboratories in the Fundamental and Clinical Medicine Sections, the Faculty chose Eppendorf's eLabNext. Today we have 320 users in about 40 laboratories, who are using the system.